Hi again, thanks for your continued interest and support! Here are all my classes on Udemy. Check them out and give me a good review if you like them :-)
Course on 'Automating Data Exploration with R' available at Udemy.com: - click here for $19 coupon!
In this class you will learn:
- Build a pipeline to automate the processing of raw data for discovery and modeling
- Know the main steps to prepare data for modeling
- Know how to handle the different data types in R
- Understand data imputation
- Treat categorical data properly with binarization (making dummy columns)
- Apply feature engineering to dates, integers and real numbers
- Apply variable selection, correlation and significance tests
- Model and measure prepared data using both supervised and unsupervised modeling
11 lectures on 'Reducing High Dimensional Data in R' at Udemy.com - click here for $19 coupon!
In this R course, we'll see how PCA can reduce a 5000+ variable data set down to 10 variables and barely lose accuracy! We'll look at different ways of measuring PCA's effectiveness and other ways of reducing wide data sets (those with lots of features/variables). We'll also look at the advantages and disadvantages with different ways of reducing data.
You will learn:
- Understand various ways of reducing wide data sets
- Understand Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
- Control, tune and measure the effects of PCA
- Use GBM modeling to measure the effectiveness of PCA
- Reducing dimensionality with classic GBM & GLMNET variable selection
- Use ensembling techniques to find the most stable variables
21 lectures on 'SparkR, modeling, S3 and HDFS' at Udemy.com - click here for $25 coupon!
In this class you will learn:
- How to use R in a distributed environment
- Create Spark clusters on Amazon's AWS
- Perform distributed modeling using GLM
- Measure distributed regression and classification predictions
- Access data from csv's, json, hdfs, and S3
All examples performed on real clusters - no training wheels, single local clusters or third-party tools
18 lectures on 'Quantmod and R' available at Udemy.com - click here for $25 coupon!
In this class, we explore various technical and quantitative analysis techniques using the R programming language. All the code is included in PDFs attached to each lecture.
What is covered:
- Easily access free, stock-market data using R and the quantmod package
- Build great looking stock charts with quantmod
- Use R to manipulate time-series data
- Create a moving average from scratch
- Access technical indicators with the TTR package
- Create a simple trading systems by shifting time series using the binhf package
- A look at trend-following trading systems using moving averages
- A look at counter-trend trading systems using moving averages
- Using more sophisticated indicators (ROC, RSI, CCI, VWAP, Chaikin Volatility)
- Grouping stocks by theme to better understand them
- Finding coupling and decoupling stocks within an index